Professionally, Wilfred Ling is a Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC®) and a CFA Charterholder.
The ChFC® designation originates from The American College established in USA since 1927 as an accredited, non-profit education institution providing graduate and professional education. The ChFC® is a designation for Financial Planning Professionals who are:
- Educated – Completed a comprehensive curriculum of 8 subjects namely in
- Fundamentals of Financial Planning and investments
- Risk Management, Insurance and Retirement Planning
- Tax, estate Planning and Legal Aspects of Financial Planning
- Investment Planning
- Plan Construction, Practice Standards and Ethics
- Planning for Business Owners and Professionals
- Wealth Management and Financial Planning
- Financial Planning Applications
- Qualified – Passed a serious of examinations (consisting of cumulatively 21 hours), assessments and attended compulsory tutorials.
- Experienced – Have met specific experience consisting of at least 3 years of full-time relevant business experience in financial services and related industries.
- Ethical – Maintained ethical standards prescribed by The American College Code of Ethics consisting of The Professional Pledge & The Eight Canons.
- Knowledgeable - By earning re-certification every two years thereby ensuring informed on the latest developments in financial services. ChFC® holders are required to complete a minimum 30 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits every 2 years.
Wilfred Ling earned his CFA charter in 2011. See this link for more information on the CFA Charterholder designation: Why Choose a Charterholder?
As a financial adviser representative, Wilfred Ling passed the following examinations:
- Capital Markets and Financial Advisory Services Examination – Rules and Regulations for Financial Advisory Services
- Capital Markets and Financial Advisory Services Examination – Collective Investment Schemes
- Capital Markets and Financial Advisory Services Examination – Life Insurance and Invesment-linked Policies
- Certificate in Heath Insurance (Singapore College of Insurance)
Prior to working in the financial service sector, he worked as a Research & Development (R&D) Engineer for 10 years. He graduated in 1996 with a Bachelor in Electrical Engineering in Second Upper Honors from the National University of Singapore.
Like this article? Subscribe to my newsletter below for more.