I conducted an investment course on August 2013. The topics include the following:
1. Rationale for Investment (why people invest?)
2. What is holding period return (HPR)?
3. How to calculate HPR?
4. What is arithmetic mean (AM)?
5. How to calculate AM?
6. What is geometric mean (GM)?
7. How to calculate GM?
8. The disadvantage of using AM vs GM.
9. How to calculate variance given a series of HPY?
10. How to calculate portfolio returns given holding period yield of each investments?
11. How to calculate the Expected Rate of Return given different scenarios?
12. How to calculate the risk of an investment given different scenarios?
13. How to calculate the Coefficient of Variation (CV)?
14. What is the relationship between nominal return, real return and inflation?
15. Fundamental Risk vs Systematic Risk: Facebook as an example.
16. Security Market Line and the impact of inflation. Changes in risk premium and investors' risk appetites.
If you would like to watch the entire course, click on this link to view: HERE. Below is a sample video for you to watch:
Like this article? Subscribe to my newsletter below for more.