As a Chartered Financial Consultant®, CFA charterholder and having 16 years of experience, Wilfred Ling is qualified and experienced to provide a comprehensive financial planning service.
- I am fee-based. I am remunerated through fees paid by clients. This means greater objectivity and less conflict of interest.
- Only recommend simple products such as fixed deposits, stocks, ETFs and low cost unit trusts etc. No structured notes, now equity linked notes, no Universal Life, no leveraged whole life and no 101 ILP unless the benefits outweigh its disadvantages.
- The focus is on holistic planning rather than narrowly focus on insurance and investments. Other areas I focus on are: tax planning, credit management, retirement planning, children’s education and estate planning.
- I believe clients need to take some level of responsibility in their own financial well-being. I do not believe they should “outsource” all their planning. Therefore, I will insist clients to take charge some of their financial matters such as transacting on their own after I have made the various recommendations.
- The Retainer Service allows me to provide on-going advice to my clients on all matters of their financial well-being. I prefer to be transparent in the manner I deal with clients.
- Able to recommend a holistic estate plan and execute the plan.
- I avoid long lock-in regular premium investment strategy.
- I subscribe to the belief that it is important to be debt free as soon as possible. Thus, I would like clients to pay off their mortgage loan as soon as possible.
- I will only recommend regulated products. These products must either be regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) or regulated in jurisdictions that have a greater regulatory standard than the MAS. I will not recommend unregulated products regardless of how “good” they are.
- I diversify clients’ assets and insurances with different companies because you never know which will be the next to fail.
- I prefer to work with a limited number of clients rather than finding new ones. This to ensure minimum quality of service for each client. I desire to work with clients on a long-term basis and remunerated through an on-going retainer service fee.
Like this article? Subscribe to my newsletter below for more.