As a Chartered Financial Consultant®, CFA charterholder and having 13 years of experience, Wilfred Ling is qualified and experienced to provide a comprehensive financial planning service.
- I am fee-based. I am remunerated through fees paid by clients. This means greater objectivity and less conflict of interest.
- Only recommend simple products such as fixed deposits, ETFs, unit trusts etc. No structured notes and no 101 ILP unless the benefits outweigh its disadvantages.
- For insurance, able to assist and help clients to select appropriate company’s group insurance. Also, tend to recommend term insurance and disability income for needs that are temporarily in nature.
- The focus is on holistic planning rather than narrowly focus on insurance and investments. Other areas I focus on are: tax planning, credit management, retirement planning, children’s education and estate planning.
- I believe clients need to take some level of responsibility in their own financial well-being. I do not believe they should “outsource” all their planning. Therefore, I will insist clients to take charge some of their financial matters such as transacting on their own after I have made the various recommendations.
- The Retainer Service allows me to provide on-going advice to my clients on all matters of their financial well-being. I prefer to be transparent in the manner I deal with clients.
- Able to recommend a holistic estate plan and execute the plan.
- I avoid long lock-in regular premium investment strategy.
- I subscribe to the belief that it is important to be debt free as soon as possible. Thus, I would like clients to pay off their mortgage loan as soon as possible.
- I will only recommend regulated products. These products must either be regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) or regulated in jurisdictions that have a greater regulatory standard than the MAS. I will not recommend unregulated products regardless of how “good” they are.
- I diversify clients’ assets and insurances with different companies because you never know which will be the next to fail.
- I prefer to work with a limited number of clients rather than finding new ones. This to ensure minimum quality of service for each client. I desire to work with clients on a long-term basis and remunerated through an on-going retainer service fee.
Like this article? Subscribe to my newsletter below for more.