This webinar is over. To avoid disappointment and not to miss the next webinar, we will contact you if you indicate your interest using this form HERE.
Date, time & venue
1 Oct 2020, 7:30PM (Singapore time) (2 hours)
Webinar style (Zoom Webinar)
In this Webinar, you will learn:
- How to buy the right type of insurances.
- How the recent CI definitions may have affected some of your existing insurance?
- What is CareShield Life & how to upgrade it?
- What are the common mistakes and misconception that could render your existing policies obsolete? A few examples of such mistakes including legacy planning will be covered.
- Importance of having regular insurance review to avoid paying premiums unnecessarily.
I have come across many cases of clients’ existing policies that were no longer relevant. Not only were they paying premiums unnecessarily, but their existing insurance coverage had become insufficient. That is why regular review of existing policies are important which is to identify what is no longer appropriate and to enhance what is insufficient.
The main purpose of this Webinar is to encourage you to have your existing insurances reviewed. Insurance review is needed when there are regulatory changes, new classes of products being introduced or when there is a shift market practices. Of course, changes to your financial situation definitely requires a review.
In terms of regulatory changes, there are two:
- There has been a change of Critical Illness (CI) definitions. Some of your existing insurance may have to follow the new CI definitions. I will be explaining what are some of these changes and how a new class of products being introduced in recent years could be a better alternative.
- CareShield Life is now compulsory for certain age group. I will be explaining the details of CareShield Life and how it complements your existing insurance portfolio. Similar to other government insurance schemes, the coverage for CareShield Life is extremely low. Learn what you must do to enhance the coverage to meet the future needs of long-term care.
Finally, there has been a change in market practice concerning legacy planning. In the past, legacy planning is usually limited to high networth individuals. These days, many mass affluent individuals have been approached by banks for legacy planning. Unfortunately, majority of such policies meant for legacy planning are either cost inefficient (i.e. too expensive) or may not even work! I’ll talk about the main purposes of legacy planning, why almost everybody got it wrong, why such “big” life insurance may not be able to pay the desired death benefit and suggest a more efficient way of legacy planning.
About the Speaker
Wilfred Ling is a professional financial planner and he provides fee-based professional financial planning services to any individuals living in Singapore.
He holds the Chartered Financial Consultant® designation and is a CFA charterholder. With 14 years of financial planning experience, he is a well sought-after financial planner.
He has helped reduce retirement age of many of his clients by up to 20 years, achieve their dreams of having multiple properties and thus allowing his clients to focus on what they really care about.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Sent WhatsApp message to seminar administrator at: +65 9793 5396.
How is my data collected and used?
During registration, your name, email, and handphone number will be collected. We will also ask you to specify the name the person who introduced you to this event.
How your data will be used:
- Name: You will need to provide your name at the event for signing in purpose.
- Email: The unique Zoom link will be emailed to you. We will remind you of the event by email.
- Handphone: We will remind you by messaging to your handphone prior to event. If there is any last minute changes, we will contact you via your handphone too.
- The speaker may call you prior and post event to understand what you wish to learn in the seminar so as to improve his effectiveness in the presentation.
- You will be invited for future seminars by email or by phone.
By signing up for the event, you consent to the data collection and usage policy. We also assumed you have the consent of others you signed up on behalf for.
Will I be required to turn on my video etc?
This is a Zoom Webinar, not a Zoom Meeting. Your name cannot be seen by others unless you type into the chat box. Both your camera and microphone will be disabled and cannot be enabled by yourself during the event.
Like this article? Subscribe to my newsletter below for more.