Question: Wilfred, there has been a lot of publicity with regard to Medishield Life. I am insured with NTUC Income Enhanced Incomeshield Preferred plan. Is Medishield Life still applicable to me?
Answer: Medishield Life is an enhancement to the current Medishield. Those who are insured with Medishield will enjoy the new enhancement that will be introduced with Medishield Life.
What you currently insured with is called the medisave-approved integrated shield plan. Since 2005, these medisave-approved plans are integrated with Medishield. The premium for your NTUC Income Enhanced Incomeshield consists of two parts – one part is to NTUC Income and another part for Medishield. When Medishield is enhanced to Medishield Life, your NTUC Income Enhanced Incomeshield will also enjoy the new enhancement.
The following are examples of medisave-approved integrated shield plans:
- NTUC Income IncomeShield and Enhanced IncomeShield ;
- AIA HealthShield Gold Max ;
- Great Eastern SupremeHealth ;
- Aviva Myshield ; and
- Prudential PRUshield A Premier and A Plus
Many people has also bought ‘riders’ to cover for deductibles and co-insurances of the medisave-approved intergrated shield plan. These ‘riders’ are not integrated with Medishield. Examples of these riders are as follow:
- NTUC Income Plus Rider and Assist Rider ;
- AIA HealthShield Gold Max Essential;
- Great Eastern TotalShield and TotalShield Plus Rider;
- Aviva Myshield Plus; and
- PRUshield extra and extra lite
Like this article? Subscribe to my newsletter below for more.