Last Updated on 13, July 2016
If you are looking for retirement planning, I may be able to provide consultation service over the Internet. Contact me for details.
The following paragraphs are for those who wish to purchase investment products through me.
I may accept foreign clients' investments subject to conditions such as nationality, residency, tax position, source of wealth, source of funds, scope of advice and the ability to provide the required documentation.
Nationalities / Residencies
I may accept cases from those who are citizens or residing in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, China (mainland), Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and United Kingdom.
I cannot advice you on any tax consequences of your investments. You have to source for your own tax consultant.
If you are a US tax payer, I cannot accept your case regardless of your nationality and residency status.
Source of wealth
If you are an employee, you are required to provide proof of employment such as salary slips and income tax statements for the last 3 years.
If you are a business owner or self-employed, you are required to provide an audited financial reports of your company for the last 3 years. The auditor must be from one of the ‘Big Four’ namely PwC, Deloitte, Ernest & Young and KPMG. You are required to provide proof of income tax returns for the last 3 years of your company.
Source of funds
The money that is to be used for investments must originate from a reputable bank. Moreover, the bank account used must not have a turnover of more than 10% for the last three years . Turnover is defined as:
The bank account must be in your own name and you are the beneficiary owner of this money.
Scope of advice
The scope of advice is restricted to investments and retirement planning only. Moreover, only Singapore registered investment products will be recommended.
You will need to produce the following:
- As all transaction has to be done in Singapore, you are required to fly in to Singapore and provide proof of entry such as air ticket and stamped passport. Original documents are required to be produced.
- Latest salary slip (for employees).
- 3 years of company income tax statements for business owners.
- 3 years of income tax statements for working personnel.
- 3 years’ worth of monthly bank account statements. The money for investments must originate from this bank account.
- Proof of address: Documents that are acceptable are: letter issued by government or utility bill. These documents must be less than 3 months old.
- Proof of identity: National ID, passport or social security. Original is required. We will return the original to you after making a copy.
- Full disclosure of your assets and liabilities using a spreadsheet template which will be provided to you.
Like this article? Subscribe to my newsletter below for more.