A survey conducted by Aviva Consumer Attitudes Feb 2014 found that:
- Only 1 in 3 think they can retire at their preferred age
- 53% worry that they cannot afford an adequate standard of living in retirement
- 56% think they’ll need $2000 to $6000/month in retirement
- But 48% say they’ll only have <$2,000/month based on their retirement plan
- The Aviva Consumer Attitudes Survey also found that 67% prefer a guaranteed rate of return over higher potential upside, when selecting a retirement savings product.
Source: Aviva In The News – 27 May 2014
Like this article? Subscribe to my newsletter below for more.